Booking Terms & Conditions
Terms of Booking
By placing a booking with us (Cray House & Estate), you (the lead guest) and your booking party (guests) agree to the following terms and conditions as set-out below. If you have any questions about these terms, please contact us before making a booking.
- To place a booking with us the lead guest must be at least 18 years of age.
- The maximum number of staying guests per property is illustrated in the occupancy details on the website.
- Where the person making the booking is different to the lead guest taking up the occupation, the person making the booking may be held responsible for cancellation, non-arrival and damages as set-out within.
- Only the lead guest and the named booking party are allowed to use the property and its facilities; any third party visitors are only allowed access at our express permission.
- To secure a booking we require a deposit of 20% of the rental price to be paid in advance. Deposit payments must be ‘cleared funds’ before a booking can be confirmed. Balances and refundable good housekeeping deposits are to be paid 21 days in advance of your arrival date. Bookings made less than 21 days before your arrival date must be accompanied by the full amount of the holiday charge and the refundable good housekeeping deposit.
- Deposits are only refundable under the conditions set out here.
- Bookings made via our online booking system are provisional until confirmed in writing by us.
- Payments can be made online, over the phone using a debit or credit card, as well as by bank transfer, cheque or cash deposit. Any charges raised against us by our banks for handling dishonoured cheque’s, bank transfers or any other payments, must be reimbursed by the lead guest within seven (7) days of any request to do so.
- All guests agree to respect the privacy and peace of all other staying guests, neighbours and the owners at all times. We reserve the right to cancel a booking with immediate effect if guests are not honouring this agreement or causing a disturbance / nuisance to other guests, neighbours or the owners.
- The lead guest or any other guests may in no circumstance re-let or sublet the property, even free of charge.
- All inventory must remain in the property and as it was on arrival. Inventory must not be taken to another property.
- Children under 16 must be supervised by their parents/guardians at all times, especially near the loch and burns.
- Any problem or complaint which the guests may have concerning their holiday must be immediately reported directly to us/our representatives and we will endeavour to put matters right. Any complaints not reported to us/the property manager at the time and only reported after the client has returned from holiday will not be considered by the proprietor.
- Guests who need to cancel a booking should contact us as soon as possible.
- If you cancel your holiday more than 60 days before it is due to start, then your deposit will be forfeited. If your dates can be re-sold then your deposit may be transferable to a future booking. If you cancel less than 60 days prior to the holiday, then the full balance remains due and is not refundable.
- We strongly advise that you take out comprehensive travel insurance. If you choose not to then you accept responsibility for any loss that you may incur due to your cancellation.
- Your booking will not be cancelled by us except in exceptional circumstances beyond our control. Notification will be given of the cancellation as soon as possible and we will promptly refund all payments made for your holiday. Our liability to you is limited to the refund of any payment already made.
Check-in & Check-out
- Guests must check-in and check-out by the times stated below;
Check-in from 4pm on day of arrival
Check-out by 10am on day of departure
- On departure, please ensure the following are carried out:
All bins are emptied
All dishes are cleaned and put away, or dishwashers set running on appropriate programmes.
All fridges and freezers are emptied
All games, books, DVDs and toys are tidied away as found
Dog waste is cleared from any grass/gravel areas
WiFi Fair & Appropriate Usage Policy
WiFi Internet connection is available (at no extra cost) subject to technical availability. Where WiFi Internet access is provided, guests accept to use this access to the Internet fairly and appropriately. We may monitor network performance and usage in order to maintain a fair and high level of service to all our guests.
The Internet access provided is intended for general use such as access to the world wide web, email, messaging, social media, light video / music / media streaming. It is not intended or ideally suited for heavy media streaming, online gaming, extensive downloads / uploads. Access to illegal activity or use of our network for illegal activity is prohibited and will be reported to local authorities.
Damages & Good Housekeeping Deposits
In making a booking you accept responsibility for any theft, breakage or damage caused by you or any member of your party and agree to indemnify us in full from your good housekeeping deposit for any loss that we may incur as a result.
The good housekeeping deposit will be returned within 7 days of the end of your holiday less any deductions.
Please treat the facilities and accommodation with due care so that other guests may continue to enjoy them. If there have been any breakages during your stay, we would be grateful if you could advise us before you leave. The accommodation will be inspected at the end of the holiday and you may be charged for any loss or damage found. This includes breakages, spillages, stains, damage to furniture or fixtures and fittings. Any accidental damages should be reported as soon as possible in order to minimise damage and associated costs.
We reserve the right to make a charge to cover additional cleaning costs if the client leaves the property in an unacceptable condition.
Please note that in the event that any keys issued are not returned at the end of your stay, then the cost of replacement will be charged to you.
Smoking of any tobacco products including, but not limited to cigarettes, pipes, cigars, snuff or chewing tobacco and e-cigarettes is only permitted outside the properties and we kindly ask that ash, matches and cigarette ends etc. are disposed of properly.
We allow up to 2 dogs by prior arrangement, but kindly ask that the following terms and conditions are met as detailed below:
Pets must be flea treated before entering the property;
Pets are to be kept under control at all times;
All droppings on the premises – including and particularly in the garden should be disposed of appropriately prior to departure;
Grooming is important – muddy paws and sandy coats are not welcome indoors;
Pets are not permitted on any carpeted areas or on the furniture;
Pets are not to be left unsupervised on the premises as this can result in damage to the property and distress to the pet;
All bedding must be provided for pets to sleep on;
Crockery belonging to the property is not to be used as water/food containers for pets;
Pet hairs must be vacuumed and swept up from the property prior to departure;
Any paw, nose or tongue “prints” to be cleaned from floors, windows, doors etc., prior to your departure.
Please also note that although we may accept a pet, this does not guarantee that the property has an enclosed garden or is totally escape-proof to all pets.
Guests must inform us of their intention to bring pets to properties prior to arrival.
Any damage to the property made by your pet, or extra cleaning required (pet hair on the furniture, droppings in the garden or in the property etc) following your departure will result in the loss of part or all your Good Housekeeping Deposit.
Parking is provided on the gravelled areas beside our properties. Please do not park on the grass. Guests accept that they park their vehicles at their own risk.
Due to the age and internal layout of our properties, they are not accessible for wheelchair users or those with significant mobility issues. Please contact us for more information before making a booking should you have any concerns.
Your Personal Details & Privacy
We will ensure that your personal details are kept for your booking only and will not be given to any third parties.
You accept that any entries you make to an on-site guest book, if available, will not contain personal information or details you would not want disclosed. Any entries containing personal details that may fall into the DPA and GDPR may be removed and destroyed.
Our Right To Cancellation
We reserve the right to cancel any booking without compensation, refund or reimbursement if the terms of these conditions are breached.
We reserve the right to make reasonable amendments or additions to these terms and conditions without notice.
This property is privately owned and regularly used by the family owners. We expect all guests to enjoy the facilities and treat the property with the same respect that they would their own home.