ID: 37932View owner's other properties
New for 2019, the Shepherds hut at Pencuke farm is one of 4 properties.
It’s can sleep up to 2 adults, 2 children and a dog (£25 per week) and has been custom built with luxury in mind.
There is a king size bed, above which are two full size single beds. At the end of the bed there is a built in wardrobe space on one side, shelves on the other and four drawers below to give you plenty of room to unpack your clothes. So whether you want a romantic break for two or a great glamping experience for a family of 4, the shepherds hut won’t dissapoint.
The living area can be used as a dining room, or simply push the table to the end of the bed and you have a lounge area where you can take in the scenery, light the wood burner or watch a film on the smart tv/dvd player.
The handmade kitchen is fully equipped with granite work surface, Butler sink, gas oven, grill, hob and fridge with freezer compartment. All crockery and utensils etc are provided.
In the spacious shower room, you’ll find a power shower with waterfall head. and separate hand held head, a proper toilet, sink, heated towel rail and shaving socket.
Thinking of coming in the winter? Don’t worry, it has underfloor heating throughout, powered by our eco friendly biomass boiler and controlled by a nest smart thermostat so you have complete control.
The hut is located in the corner of our camping field, it still feels private and has some of the best views on the farm. When the camping season finishes, you’ll have the field o yourself with the nearest neighbours being the sheep in the adjacent field.
Fee WiFi is included and all the sockets have USB ports to make charging your devices easier.
Outside there is a gravelled area, with outdoor seating and a fire pit that can be used to BBQ on.
There is plenty of parking in the main farm car park, just a short walk away. And you are welcome to use the guest barn where there is a communal pool table, table football, an honesty shop and pay per use washing machine and dryer.
We have sheep and chickens on the farm and usually a couple of pigs own the summer which you are welcome to visit at your leisure. Check our Pencuke Farm on social media for all the latest updates,
As we are in a prime location to access some of Cornwalls best beaches, there is also a communal wetsuit wash area where you can also borrow body boards (subject to availability).
We are located 5 minutes drive from Crackington haven beach in a North Cornwall, between Bude and Boscastle.
Available Start Date
Selected Date Range
Property Reference / Number: Shepherds Hut at Pencuke Farm
Property Address: Pencuke Farm, St Gennys, Bude, Cornwall, EX23 0BH
Submit your review
Reservations for accommodation are accepted by Pencuke Farm, the property owners, on the following conditions:
1. The contract of hire is between the hirer (tenant) and Pencuke Farm.
2. The contract is deemed to have been made once the hirer has signed the booking form, paid their deposit and Pencuke Farm have despatched a confirmation of booking.
3. For bookings made more than 8 weeks before arrival, a deposit of one third of the holiday price is required and will only be effective if the booking form is correctly completed and signed and duly confirmed. The balance is due 8 weeks before the holiday commences, without further demand. If the balance payment is not received by the date due Pencuke Farm, at their discretion, reserves the right to make the property available for re-booking. This does not release the tenant from their obligation. It is possible to secure late bookings by telephone using a Credit or Debit Card.
3a. The following Credit and Debit cards are accepted: Mastercard, Visa, Visa Electron, Delta, Solo. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before arrival the total amount is payable plus extras (if applicable).
4. Properties are available for occupation from 4pm on the first day of the holiday and must be vacated by 10am on the last day. The licence from Pencuke Farm shall permit the tenant and members of the tenants party as shown on the booking form (but no one else) to occupy the property for holiday purposes only. No more than the maximum number of persons stated in the brochure and included on the booking form may occupy a property unless by prior written agreement with Pencuke Farm. Extra charges may be applicable. Pencuke Farm reserve the right to refuse admittance if this condition is not observed. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to revoke or refuse prior to, or during the stay, any booking from parties which they consider to be unsuitable for the property. Due respect and consideration to neighbours must be observed at all times. Large group bookings may only be accepted by special arrangement. The tenant may only bring such pets as are mentioned on the booking form, they must be clean, house trained, up to date with flea prevention treatment, well behaved and never be left unattended in the property, unless by prior, private arrangement with the property owner. They are not permitted in the bedrooms or on any furniture in the property. Pencuke Farm cannot accept responsibility for their safety. A weekly charge will be made. No pets in a description of a property may not guarantee that pets have never occupied the property.
5. The tenant must keep the property clean and in good order and will be responsible for any damages or breakages. During the period of tenancy the tenant is responsible for the care of the property and its contents. It is expected that tenants treat the property with the respect that they treat their own and leave the property and its fixtures and fittings in a clean and tidy condition, including correct disposal of rubbish/waste for recycling if applicable, and disposal of dog mess from gardens/grounds. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to charge a security deposit payable to Pencuke Farm. This deposit will be refunded to the tenant the week following the holiday, but a deduction will be made for any breakages or damages done to the property or if it is not left in a clean and tidy condition, including correct rubbish/waste disposal and dog mess removal. Where Pencuke Farm accepts security deposits they do so as operators. Pencuke Farm will resolve any disputes over the security deposit.
6. Once a booking has been accepted by Pencuke Farm it can only be changed to either another property or different dates by treating the original booking as a cancellation. Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the owner is agreeable to the change. A booking charge maybe payable.
7. Pencuke Farm carefully monitor the standard of facilities in all properties. Pencuke Farm will make bookings aware of any major changes made since the booking. In the unlikely event of a complaint the tenant should immediately contact Pencuke Farm. We will endeavour to resolve the problem promptly and amicably. Any dispute arising out of the booking will be between the tenant and Pencuke Farm. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property.
8. Pencuke Farm shall not be liable to the tenant or any member of the tenants party for any injury, loss or damage to their property or person, however caused. Tenants should ensure that all personal possessions are removed on departure from the property. Pencuke Farm reserve the right to dispose of any tenants personal belongings after the departure day of the tenants from the property without further reference to the tenants.
9. Pencuke Farm reserves the right to refuse any booking and to cancel on behalf of the owner any booking already made if the property is unavailable (e.g. through fire, flood etc.) for any reason whatsoever subject to a full refund of all monies paid. Pencuke Farm shall not be under any other liability if such cancellation occurs. (Note: In the unlikely event of a cancellation, Pencuke Farm will make every possible effort to secure alternative accommodation if required).
10. Bed linen, towels, tea towels, cots/travel cots and high chairs may or may not be provided. Please check individual property descriptions carefully.
11. Cancellations. When the holiday is booked, the tenant is entering into a legally binding contract. If forced to cancel, for whatever reason, under the law, the tenant will be liable for the cancellation charges Pencuke Farm have to make. The booking is forfeit and the balance is still payable on the due day. Pencuke Farm will immediately endeavour to re-let the property (at a discount if the cancellation is 21 days before the holiday is due to start) and if successful will refund the deposit and balance less any expenses incurred in re-letting. The expenses incurred in re-letting shall be at the discretion of Pencuke Farm. The total amount payable will not exceed liability for accommodation.
12. Force Majeure. We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government, or public authority, changes imposed by re-scheduling of airlines or any event outside our control.
13. Pencuke Farm cannot be held responsible for any perceived inadequacies in any of its properties. Property descriptions and all details written (and verbal) both in our brochure and on our websites are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but their accuracy cannot be guaranteed. We reserve the right to amend our property prices quoted on the internet due to error or omission. In this unlikely event the potential guest will be notified immediately and may cancel their provisional booking accordingly.
14. In the unlikely event of a complaint Pencuke Farm reserves the right to refer it to arbitration by the Regional Board of South West Tourism.
15. Legal. In the event of any dispute between the parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Courts only and any action shall be heard in the Court for the area in which the property is situated. Any contract shall be governed by English Law and interpretation.
16. These booking conditions supersede all previous issues.